Main content starts
What universities can do for employers
Universities offer a wide range of services in addition to the provision of facilities for uploading and advertising Brighton and Hove graduate jobs.
University of Brighton business, development and enterprise
Training and education
- Short courses and workshops for industry that are regularly run with standard prices. They include subjects like marketing, business and management skills.
- Tailored short courses that select content from existing materials and deliver in a way that suits you, giving you a quick and economic solution to your business needs. See a few examples of recently developed courses to give you an idea of possibilities. Contact Adam Stewart - email@example.com - 01273 641091.
- Bespoke courses designed specifically for your needs, often linked to professional qualifications. Contact Jennifer Wells - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training and consultancy from the Brighton Business School where price is based on the number of participants, the degree of specialism required and time period involved. Contact Dr. Clifford Conway - 01273 642175.
Business solutions, increased productivity, subsidised access to university expertise
- Get in touch with the Business development team for help with practical solutions to things like developing new products or improving existing processes.
- Increase your profitability, productivity and much more by joining Profitnet, the support programme for small and medium sized enterprises.
- Get subsidised access to highly qualified graduates and university experts through Knowledge Transfer Partnerships and placements.
- A number of our courses incorporate a placement year giving you access to additional, value for money staff. See information about industrial placements in Science & Engineering and Computing & Mathematics .
- Use bespoke and standard products and services from the Centre for Research in Innovation Management.
For an overview of everything on offer for employers, go to the Business web pages, or contact Business Development and Enterprise - telephone 01273 642389.
University of Sussex - business solutions and employability
Sussex is a leading research led institution which is rated excellent for many of its 300 degree subjects. This year the University jumped from 15th place to 4th in the 1994 Group of research-based Universities league table.
The University of Sussex offers solutions to meet your needs including Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) that give you subsidised access to university expertise. email email@example.com or telephone 01273 877800. The university also has high quality, extensive conference facilities at Falmer which is easily accessible by road, rail or bus with good connections from Gatwick Airport.
The Sussex Innovation Centre provides award winning support to help business grow.
Careers and Employability Centre
Talk to Andrea Wall, Employer Liaison and Events Manager (01273 678429) if you are interested in any of the following from the Careers and Employability Centre:
- Visit Sussex to present your opportunities to our students. We can arrange rooms, equipment and will promote the event for you.
- Have a stand on campus and promote your opportunities 1:1 at a student drop-in session. We will advertise your presence on our events and vacancy web pages.
- Come to one of our Recruitment Fairs: GradFair - Wednesday 3 November 2010 from 12 - 3 pm. and LawFair - Tuesday 9 November
- Run a skills-based session for our students. Recent events covered presentation skills, networking, commercial awareness and assessment centres.
- Talk to us if you'd be interested in speaking at one of our academic departments' careers activities.
- Get involved with our Sussex Plus Workshadowing Programme - each year we send over 100 second year students out to do a day's workshadowing in an area of work that interests them.
- Join our Employer Engagement Forum to hear from employers and other agencies about their expectations of the University's graduates. We welcome new participants.
- Sussex Plus brings together students' academic achievements and extra-curricular activities to create online webfolios that showcase to employers what students can do. Over 800 students are building webfolios. We actively seek employer feedback and endorsement of Sussex Plus.
- Target our International students - these students offer a wealth of talent to the UK.